- At the time of booking, we will advise you of the movies available for your group. However, changes may occur in the scheduling that are beyond our control. We will endeavour to let you know about any changes as soon as possible.
- If you choose a film or documentary that is not from our current schedule, you will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit of $2,000 in order to confirm your booking.
- We will endeavour to work with your event timetable, but are restricted to work within the contracts of the distributing companies.
Quotations and Details
- Full details of the event including numbers involved must be disclosed at the time the quotation is made. The quotation is provided on the basis of this information; changes (whether advised or not) to this information may result in the quotation being revised.
- Quotations remain valid for ten working days, unless otherwise specified in writing.
- Should the details of the event change, a new quote may be necessary.
- Whilst every endeavour is made to cover contingencies when quoting, The Capri reserves the right to revise the quote at any time preceding final confirmation in circumstances where the event details have changed.
Confirmation of Bookings, Event Details and Final Numbers
- All bookings are considered to be tentative until confirmation in writing has been received, preferably via email;
- We will guarantee that all tentative bookings will be held for a minimum of ten days. After that, if we receive an enquiry for the date of your event, we will endeavour to contact you to confirm the status of our event. If we can’t reach you or you do not respond within 3 working days then we reserve the right to release your event;
- For all confirmed bookings, The Capri will contact the hirer two weeks prior to the event to confirm the final details of the event regarding catering, beverages and any additional audiovisual equipment required. At this point we will require an update on the numbers for the event;
- The hirer is then required to confirm approximate numbers one week before the event in order to allow The Capri to arrange appropriate staffing levels for the event;
Payment of Account
- Payment of the event is required on the day of the event by either cash, cheque or credit card.
- All cancellations of confirmed bookings must be made to The Capri in writing.
- If the hirer has a group booking where they are attending a public session of a movie, no cancellation fees are applied.
- If the hirer has arranged for private use of the cinema for an event that does not include the hire of a movie and cancels with more than 14 days notice, no cancellation fees are applied.
- If the hirer has arranged for private use of the cinema for an event that does not include the hire of a movie and cancels with less that 14 days notice, the fee is 10% of the total hire cost.
- When external caterers are engaged, ensure you are familiar with their cancellation policies.
Loss and Damage
- The client is responsible for taking all reasonable precautions to protect the venue, equipment, exhibits or other property of the Capri.
- The cost of accidental or negligent damage, deemed to be in excess of normal wear and tear, is chargeable to the client.
- This applies to damage caused through their own action, action of their guests, contractors or sub contractors, before, during or after the event.
- The Capri staff will take all necessary care, but will not take responsibility for damage or loss of items before, during or after an event and the client must accept responsibility at all times.
- The Capri reserves the right to terminate any event where it is satisfied that the continuation of that event will jeopardise the safety and security of property, staff, participants and guests and/or the reputation of The Capri.
Safety and Fire Regulations
- All events are subject to compliance with all current Health & Safety and Fire Regulations.
- Hirers must ensure that the maximum capacity standards are noted and compiled with.
- Smoke machines, special effects, candles and/or pyrotechnics cannot be operated within the theatre.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to discuss security requirements with The Capri who shall subsequently arrange security assistance in accordance with the agreement of the hirer.
- Expenses related to security are the responsibility of the client and the client will be duly advised of all related costs prior to the event.
- The Capri may elect to cancel any booking if the security arrangements are not considered to be satisfactory.
- If the client engages a band or other entertainment to appear at the event, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure that the performer complies with the requirements and sound levels consistent with the Environmental Protection Act 1997 and the Environment Protection Regulation 2005.
- The Capri reserves the right to stop, suspend or adjust the level of sound from performers that it considers excessive and/or insist on the use of an automatic sound level monitor.
Advertising and Endorsement
- Clients and associated entities must first obtain written permission from the Manager before using the name of The Capri to broadcast, list or publicly announce an event scheduled to be held at The Capri. This includes mentions in press, radio, TV, electronically or otherwise published material made publicly available or otherwise listed;
- All signage in public or common areas of The Capri must have prior approval of the Manager.
- Use of The Capri logo on any promotional, advertising, marketing or any other material must first be approved and appear in line with the logo use standards of The Capri.
Basis of Agreement
- Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of The Capri to complete the same, and is subject to labour disputes, strikes, pickets, accidents, government regulation and Intervention, restrictions on travel, delivery, equipment or utilities failure and other causes, whether enumerated or not which are beyond the control of The Capri.
- In no circumstance shall The Capri be liable for loss of profit or consequential damages from these matters.
- In no event shall The Capri liability be in excess of the total amount of the food and beverages contracted.
Candy Bar Items and Snacks
- The Capri is a not for profit theatre that relies on generating income from the sale of our candy bar items. Because of this we don’t allow groups to bring in and sell or give away any items that we sell in our candy bar.