TOSA [SA] Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation that was formed in the 1960’s with the aim to preserve and promote theatre organs and theatre organ music. This is done through presenting theatre organ music to members and the public. Many members volunteer their services to the Society and to The Capri. The theatre is fully owned and operated by the Society as a commercial cinema and houses our 4/29 (4 keyboards/29 ranks of pipes) theatre organ, which is mainly a Wurlitzer.
Membership is available to approved persons. You do not have to be an organ player, although many members are. Members come from all walks of life. A few members even own a pipe organ, Some enjoy their electronic organ. Most neither own not play the organ but simply enjoy the sound of the music. Age is no bar to our mutual enjoyment – we have an ever-increasing membership from the very young upward.
One of the greatest advantages for our playing members and families is the availability of our Mighty Wurlitzer, for practice purposes. Of all the Theatre Organ Societies in the world, the organ is one of the most accessible to members and is often available Monday and Wednesday to Friday between 10 am and 4 pm. Practice times are by prior arrangement with the Theatre booking office. Organ players of any standard can have many enjoyable hours playing our Might Capri Theatre pipe organ.
The society’s broadest aims are to provide for its members’ friendship, entertainment, information, opportunity for personal involvement and above all the enjoyment of Theatre Organ music in all its forms
TOSA Membership Benefits
- Free Club Nights, on the second Monday each month at 7:15pm, which are mainly musical entertainment.
- Discounts to TOSA concerts which are usually held on a Sunday afternoon at 2.00pm at The Capri.
- Discounts to film sessions at The Capri.
- Monthly newsletter with theatre organ news, concert reviews etc.
- The privilege of playing on our theatre organ.
- Notification of National Festivals with other Australian Divisions.